Friday, May 7, 2010

Embarassing Fanart

Yami No Matsuei is solid terrible fangirl fanservice pretty much nonstop, but oooohhhhh, I watched it. I tried to read it, but the artwork is so hideously flowery and sparkly I just couldn't hang.

One thing about this series that IS totally awesome is that the main villain dude was keeping his brother's severed head floating around in a big jar, so that one day he can bring his brother back to life, and then kill him. That's the best needlessly complex utterly pointless plan ever.

Liking Carmen Sandiego isn't that embarrassing; everybody played it in grade school, and who doesn't love Rockapella's stirring rendition of the game show theme? Butttt...I've never actually played the game. I'd always just kind of appreciated it in theory. In my defense, I am utterly weak against the gentleman thief/outlaw detective archetype. I HEART THEM ALL.

And oh yes, I watched the fairly terrible Saturday morning cartoon.

I think ReBoot was pretty decent for what it was and when it was made. Hex holds up as a quality villain, for instance. At least she did, until the whole series went completely batshit early in season 4. Still though, I've driven through Kitsilano and felt a nerdy little thrill over it.
Nar.

Growing up with Great Danes, I sort of feel like I have to love Scooby Doo
. It was a pretty terrible show, though, let's not kid ourselves.

Kimi Wa Pet (Tramps Like Us in the US, for some reason) is actually pretty good, and I still like it. But it's a cutesty romantic comedy, which is a weird thing for me to be enjoying.


No comments: