Monday, May 18, 2009

2008 Miscellany Paintingy

I think this about covers the 2008 miscellaneous paintings, it really wasn't a great year for me artwise. Too busy trying to gain competency with Illustrator and design and fashion and not chuck the whole thing in for a job in a Civil War reenactment troupe. Which I am still considering.

This little dude is a ninja flying squirrel, and total badass I made for my friend Jennifer...I believe he's her spirit animal. At least, there's definitely a spiritual connection there.

This lady was for my buddy Ryan. I'm not sure that a hot naked lady is necessarily his spirit animal, but hey, can't go wrong with hot chicks, amirite?

This is for and is a character of my lovely lady pal, Ip2much. She makes the most amazing crocheted characters, but since I am totally inept at handicrafts I make paintings of her dudes.

Flantasm (flan phantasm, DUH) for my good bud Michelle, who is a professional maker of cute things. I feel it's important I make her stuff to remind her what path not to go down. Plus, she likes balls and bad puns too!

This dude was just randomly for a show, but somebody bought it, so let's just say it was for that mystery person. Hope you like it, random dude/ette!

4 comments:

Michelle Romo said...

Aw - flan man is still at my desk. On the last painting how did you build it off the canvas? WHAT IS IT MADE OUT OF. I could ask you this at work tomorrow but blogging is fun, RIGHT?

JENNIFER SOUN LEE said...

the ninja flying squirrel is my spirit animal! i love him. would u consider his pouch to be OLB?

Jonathan Inguen said...

Michelle - Hahaha, IT IS MYSTERY MAGIC MATERIAL. Actually, it is just watercolor paper glued onto canvas. Watercolor is like, shortcut painting, so if you see me doing that, it's cause I am retarded and forgot a deadline.

Jennifer - Hahaha, if I wanted his pouch to be OLB I would have added some rhinestones and chains. Actually, now I'm sad I didn't....how can it be your spirit animal without???

In general: I am surprised people read this blog!

Z. said...

The Tamponicon painting is hanging near my desk, in my tiny lil' claustrophobic room. It keeps me motivated. :)