Wednesday, April 8, 2009

2006 Fanart, or: Behind the Times as Usual

I really like fanart, even though I don't do a ton of it myself. The problem I have is that I'm always either 3 or 4 years behind the general public, oooooor drawing things from any random number of years past.
You know when the boys are out busting, Janine and Slimer totally get it on.
Am I the only person on earth who's read or watched Cybersix? I realize it was only on for like 2 weeks, but come on, it was rad. Cross-deressing main character lady, 6 year old evil Nazi bad guy, long-lost brother trapped in the body of a panther. You know, entertainment. Plus, the animation was amazing. Somehow an Argentinian comic got greenlighted for movie-quality animation. I feel like that would never happen now a days and it's a huge fucking shame. I was always a fan of Cleo from the Heathcliff show. Living in a sweet Caddy, wearing those hot legwarmers, dating an obvious pimp, what a life!
I think Death Note had the fastest crash landing of anything I've ever read. It went from impressively original and interesting to complete idiot 16 yr old girl fanservice disaster in one page. Oh well.

No comments: