Sunday, April 5, 2009

2006, still

And to cap it off, some random things. I don't think any of these actually went anywhere important, they were just the assorted things I thought about all day.


8/15ths of a Bear in Love
This is interesting...I'm not sure what makes me think he's in love, and I can say with reasonable confidence that even if bears were easily broken down into fractions, there's probably less than half a bear there.

Hey, here he is again in cardboard, for no particular reason.
I still like this 2 heady goatish dude.


Random things and stuff.


Self-portrait for my senior thesis project, I like how this worked out.

Some sort of bacon-related superhero? Also, this was still during the period where I was lopping limbs off characters because of laziness + lack of skill, rather than laziness + actual interest.


I wish I could say I've matured since then, buuuuut... Also, this is a major factor in why I don't eat kiwi.

I'd just discovered the truly impressive creepiness of Soul Dolls, and the insane levels of SRSNSS girls take these things, which prompted me to draw a KFC based doll dude.


The dude came out kinda meh, but the Col Monoclecat is still one of my favorites.

3 comments:

Z. said...

The "bear in love" got dumped and totally fell apart. He is less than a half of himself now because it wasn't the first time he had fallen in love. You see, that's what love does: it's like a disease that corrodes you and makes you crumble like a cracker. Haha, it's corny, but love is pathetic like that. Ok, I'm starting to sound a bit nuts, it must be menopause.

As for the kiwi: I just recently watched that movie "Superbad" and thought of you soooo much, hahaha! If you haven't seen it, please do so. The balls/cock jokes are there, waiting for you. WITH FUCKING DRAWINGS! Don't forget to watch the credits, hahaha!

Z. said...

Oh yeah, I must add that just seeing you posting here makes my day. You and your art make me happy! <3

Jonathan Inguen said...

Now see, I think the bear has never been in love at all, and that's why he's missing so much. He doesn't realize it tho, all he knows is he feels drafty inside for some reason. Haha, we're such cynical old ladies!

You know what's weird! At work we made a Superbad notebook for Hot Topic with weiner drawings in it, so we have all the weiner artwork on a cd somewhere!! The Mr T one was my favorite. :D